Thursday, June 14, 2012
Romans 12:3 "Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given me." A reminder this morning by the precious Holy Spirit brought back the memory of a haughty attitude. Our newspaper delivery has grown very sporadic. I called to tell them we had not received a paper...again! Now when they think of the person living at this address, they will not remember a pleasant, courteous voice, but an abrupt and frustrated customer. My whole purpose changed when I accepted the Savior's offer of His life. It is now to reflect only HIM...never me, because He paid a high price for me. Father, please continue to remind me of that truth. I keep wanting to take the throne that is rightfully yours.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
I just finished reading one of the most awesome books - Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream by David Platt. As a result, I am committing myself to the radical experiment that he suggests over the next year:
- I will pray for the entire world using www.operationworld.org as my source.
- I will read through the entire Word over next year (beginning today June 11, 2012).
- Sacrifice my money for something that is gospel centered to meet a specific tangible need.
- I will spend time in another country to give of myself to share the gospel.
- I will commit my life to share the gospel and make disciples of those who are part of His body locally.