Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Grandbabies

I got a "Granny fix" today. No, I am not broken. I was just in need of unconditional love and devotion of two of the sweetest little girls that has been gifted to our family. (Of course, I have thought that about each of the other five when they were little tykes.)

I usually plop down on the floor and each comes and stradles a leg and snuggles up close. We play with toys, read books, and sing songs. And in turn, I get hugs, and kisses, and sometimes a little nip on the shoulder if teeth are hurting.

I remember when the first ones came along, I felt some regret and guilt that I did not spend the quality time with my own children when they were little. But by now, I have worked all of that out of my system, and try to enjoy every minute together. How quickly they grow (and outgrow Grandma & Grandpa).

I think it is interesting that my sister and I both had a girl and a boy (in that order). We each now have seven grandchildren - four girls and three boys. We both have twin granddaughters. We are so blessed!

No comments: