Saturday, July 25, 2009

How Time Flies

Another week has flown by, and it was a busy one. Tuesday's storm left us without electricity for several hours. The neighbor's tree fell across the alley pulling down the electric line, which in turn snapped the highline pole at the end of the alley. It awoke me at 4:00, but I could not see what had happened until it began to get light. I had to leave that morning before power was back on to be with my sister who was undergoing chemo. I had to drive about a block through water over the road on Hiway 400 east of Parsons.

Wednesday, I joined a local bus tour to K.C. to the New Dinner Theater to see "Sound of Music" (the play is 50 years old this year). It was an awesome production.

I am working on my grandkid's bedroom. I visited "Wally World" in a nearby town where they still have fabric. I was able to get fabric for curtains for $26 to cover five big windows. I love a bargain! My problem now is finding the time to make them. I will post some photos when I get them finished and hung.

I have also created a pattern for an apron that my mother and grandmothers wore. I used to make them for my mother. I have looked for a pattern on the internet, but can find none like them. I will share a photo of the finished product when I get it sewn together.

I guess I had better quit "ramblin" and get to work!

No comments: